This magnificent little bird sings with heart and soul !
With The CANARY we have added new sublime plumage to our famed phono cartridge program.
The CANARY is a top quality moving coil phono cartridge, custom handbuilt by A.J. van den Hul.
It features a very healthy 0.55 mV output, matched crystal gold-wire coils and an open resonance-free construction.
With exceptionally good price to performance and placed one step above our renowned The FROG ®, this cartridge sets new standards in replay precision and fidelity.
A few of The CANARY's properties:
- -Extremely accurate soundstage instrument positioning due to incorporated new technology.
- Very flat frequency response without noticeable colorations.
- Very high cross-talk damping.
- Reduced sensitivity to load impedance variations.
- Its front-pole protects the short cantilever, making it less sensitive to small handling mistakes.
- A strong AlNiCo magnet produces a very clean sound that is also the trademark of its predecessors The COLIBRI and The CONDOR.
- A very sturdy cantilever support strongly damps partial vibrations.
- Its nylon body further damps all mechanical resonances and reduces their emission to the tone-arm.
Special customer demands/specifications:
Thanks to the many variations in materials available, it is always possible to build a unit to match the personal demands of the customer. With these personalized cartridges the wooden container can mention the name of the customer it has been specially built for. This option is exclusively available for The CANARY, The GRASSHOPPER III series, The GRASSHOPPER IV, The GRASSHOPPER “BEAUTY”, The CONDOR and The COLIBRI versions.
The customer demands/specifications that can be taken into account when building a personalized cartridge for instance are:
The tone-arm used, the preamp and load impedance used, a particular brand of records to be played, the type of music generally played (jazz being more dynamic and classical more spacious and detailed) and other personal/sound preferences.
The production time for a The CANARY cartridge after ordering is about two weeks. Please call your authorized distributor for delivery time.
|stylus replacement||see (*1)|
|stylus shape||VDH - I|
|stylus radii||2 x 85 Micron|
|frequency range||5 - 55.000 Hz|
|tracking force||13.5 - 16 mN|
|static compliance||35 Micron/mN|
|tracking ability||70 - 80 Micron|
0.55 mV RMS
|channel unbalance||< 0.3 dB|
> 35 / > 30 dB
|stylus tip mass||0.32 Milligram|
|system weight||8.2 Gram|
|vertical tracking angle||22 Degrees|
|load capacitance||see (*2)|
200 Ohm, see (*2)
|eff tone arm mass||8 - 12 Gram|
|moving coil resistance||
36 Ohm +/- 10%
(*1): Stylus replacement and other services available on request