The THIRD ® Mk II (Metal Free and Halogen Free)
Following extensive research, at the end of 1996 we were most proud to introduce the world’s first metal free loudspeaker cable named The THIRD ®: a logical follow-up to our highly acclaimed Linear Structured Carbon ® technology The FIRST ® (unbalanced) and The SECOND ® (balanced) interlink cables.
The THIRD ® Mk II is a single lead loudspeaker cable in which the full potential of not less than 3.5 million individually insulated Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) fibers is utilised to achieve a unique COMBINATION of highly sophisticated audiophile qualities NOT FOUND in any metal-based loudspeaker cable:
- The THIRD ® Mk II does NOT age; Its LSC conductors are TOTALLY IMMUNE to mechanical or chemical degradation, therefore its sonic properties DO NOT CHANGE: this regardless of how often this relatively FLEXIBLE cable is bent and irrespective of the presence of any corrosive chemical compounds in the air that normally would gradually attack any inadequately protected metal cable.
- As opposed to the immense number of metal crystal boundaries an audio signal needs to overcome in metal conductors, The THIRD ® Mk II does not exhibit the related cross-crystal and cross-strand-current-hopping distortion effects since all of its LSC fibers exhibit a SINGLE CRYSTAL structure from cable-end to cable-end and since all LSC fibers are individually insulated.
- The THIRD ® Mk II cannot be heard; The THIRD ® Mk II is absolutely free from coloration or distortion: devoid of any sonic fingerprint, The THIRD ® Mk II is totally transparent and neutral; it is capable of revealing details at a clarity level never experienced before.
- The THIRD ® Mk II merely requires a one-time-and-forever burn-in of just one hour playing time.
- The THIRD ® Mk II is absolutely free from “skin effect”; its effective resistance remains frequency independent deep into the megaHertz range.
- The THIRD ® Mk II is absolutely free from “directionality”.
- The THIRD ® Mk II is absolutely free from “time smear” and related effects: Signal reflections due to impedance mismatch at its terminals are effectively put to an end.
- The THIRD ® Mk II exhibits a very low 0.07 Ohm/m. resistance not hampering your amplifier(s) from maintaining full control over your drivers.
- The THIRD ® Mk II characterises as being extremely smooth and exceptionally detailed, with the highest NATURAL RESOLUTION you were ever able to listen to.
In our listening tests, the best results obtained so far have been in bi-amplified systems, with The THIRD ® Mk II serving both the bass-end and the tweeter section. The THIRD ® Mk II's outspoken overall linearity and its low resistance however easily allow its usage in driving loudspeaker cabinets full-range, effortlessly outperforming the “metal cable bi-wired” alternative.
When connecting The THIRD ® Mk II, we advise to twist both leads together with 3 turns per meter.
- The THIRD ® Mk II's matt light-beige jacket is made of our durable HULLIFLEX ® 4 (halogen free) material and has a diameter of 18.4 mm.
- The THIRD ® Mk II is available in 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 meter stereo sets consisting of four leads with our Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors factory mounted;
- The THIRD ® Mk II furthermore is available in any other specified length starting from 1 meter terminated with our Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors.
- The THIRD ® Mk II is not available on reels or without connectors mounted, since the de-insulation and connection of its 3.5 million strands requires special expertise and tools and cannot be performed by others.
On each set of The THIRD ® Mk II we give a five year warranty from date of purchase. This warranty concerns material and workmanship, provided no modifications are made or mechanical or other damages, either direct or consequential, are inflicted.
Concluding, we simply state that The THIRD ® Mk II is the best loudspeaker cable available in the world;
Considering its price level and its qualities The THIRD ® Mk II outperforms many extremely exotic and expensive loudspeaker cables, and all of them when gradual time-degradation factors are considered. Regarding its unique combination of properties The THIRD ® Mk II for certain is a solid and lasting investment.
The THIRD ® Mk II is only available for listening at the very best hi-fi retailers. Just listen and judge for yourself....
The THIRD ® Mk II (Metal Free and Halogen Free)
|product category||speaker cable - Single-lead, Top-end|
|cable type||Single lead, multistrand|
|conductor material||Linear Structured Carbon ®|
|design purpose||Highest quality level full-range loudspeaker cable / Bi-wire line to tweeter-midrange section.|
|eff conductor||- / - / 3,500,000|
|external diameter||18.4 mm.|
|jacket colors||Light beige|
|resistance||~ 0.07 Ohm/m.|
Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® 4 / 300 Vrms min.
Our 6.5 mm. Ø cable entrance diameter Bus type Universal Speaker Connectors; Custom mountable on any ordered length.
|standard sales units||
1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 meter sets (1 set = 4 leads including connectors); Furthermore available in any specified length starting from 1 meter.
Connectors need to be factory mounted