The MIC HYBRID (Halogen Free)
In cooperation with a big Dutch recording company a list of the 26 most important microphone cable properties was put together. The first job was to arrange all these required properties with their interrelations in correct order. That was not easy and for certain not a job done on a rainy saturday afternoon. But, as always, after a while of thinking and calculations, a 2-dimensional 26 x 26 property matrix was produced.
The next job was the realization of all the listed items.
To give you an impression of some of the requirements:
- External diameter not exceeding 6 mm.
- Flexible construction.
- Complete gas and liquid closed jacket, resistant against any chemical penetration.
- Three screenings to prevent all spurious interference.
- A 3 conductor construction.
- A very low capacitance.
- A very low resistance.
- Able to handle a pulling force of more than 50 kg. without any broken wires as a direct or indirect result.
- No dielectric discharges / triboelectric effects.
- Very longstanding durability.
- Easy stripping and soldering.
- And one of the most important properties: perfect signal transmission without any harsh or aggressive character.
To make a long story short:
The MIC HYBRID was produced and in the meantime many lengths with XLR connectors have been made. During the first year of duty, only one cable failed due to a slamming door. No other accidents happened. So a real professional job was cleared. And the conclusion of the recording company is that for the first time it is possible to hear the condenser microphones and not the cable.
The MIC HYBRID is a medium flexible 6.0 mm. construction, originally with PUR as jacket material but now also available in HULLIFLEX ®.
The MIC HYBRID has a total of three screenings:
- 24 x 7 x 0.10 mm. dense silver coated Matched Crystal OFC.
- Helical aluminum tape with PET coating.
- Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated Hybrid layer.
This prevents any breakthrough of external interference.
- The 3 signal conductors are each made of 12 dense silver coated Matched Crystal OFC strands of 0.10 mm. diameter and 7 Matched Crystal OFC coated steel reinforcement strands.
- The core-core capacitance is 55 pF/meter.
- The resistance of each core is 14.6 Ohm/100 meter.
- And the resistance of the shielding is 1.3 Ohm/100 meter. So external fields do see a very low internal impedance to ground level.
The MIC HYBRID is available in ready made lengths to your specifications.
We do mount high quality Neutrik XLR connectors with great care using the full potential of all the properties of this highly acclaimed product.
Packing: 1 reel of 100 meter The MIC HYBRID with a total shipping weight of 6.9 kg. incl. the packing box of 275 x 275 x 220 mm.
The MIC HYBRID (Halogen Free)
|product category||microphone cable|
|cable type||Triple screened triple core|
|conductor material||Core-strands: Dense pure Silver over Matched Crystal OFC with 7 additional Copper coated steel reinforcement strands. HYBRID screen: Dense pure Silver over Matched Crystal OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer(s)
|design purpose||Microphone cable / Professional recording; Long range (balanced) low level signal transport|
|eff conductor||Cores: 0.15 mm˛ / Cores: AWG 25.4 / Cores: 19 Screen: 168|
|external diameter||6.0 mm.|
|jacket colors||(*1): Dark blue and
(*2): Light blue.
|resistance||Cores: 14.6 Ohm/100 m.; Screen: 1.3 Ohm/100 m.|
|capacitance||Core-core: 55 pF/m.|
|characteristic impedance||110 Ohm (in balanced configuration); Allows AES-EBU standard digital audio transmission|
Cores: Thermoplastic Elastomer; Jacket: (*1): PUR; (*2): HULLIFLEX ® / 300 Vrms min.
Neutrik XLR; Neutrik 1/4" (6.3 mm.) Jack/Phone plug; Custom mountable on ordered lengths.
|standard sales units||
100 m. reels; Other lengths: please consult your van den Hul dealer or the van den Hul distributor in your country.
Cable is triple screened and Kevlar reinforced.