The MC - GOLD HYBRID (Halogen Free)
The MC - GOLD HYBRID is a flexible, gold coloured, balanced interconnect with an extremely high shielding factor against spurious signals from external signal sources. The two internal conductors are constructed of 7 strands made of a very high grade Matched Crystal (MC) OFC, densely coated with a thick layer of very pure silver and on the outside an extra layer of real 24 carat Gold. At the MC - GOLD’s first introduction in 1985, our company was the world’s first with a 24 carat golden conductor.
In the MC - GOLD HYBRID we apply our HYBRID technology: over each centre conductor an extra Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) staturated layer is applied. This extra layer of LSC again improves the quality of the signal transmission by performing electrical bridging on micro-scale and by converting the external magnetic field close to the conductors into an electrical signal again.
- The resistance of each signal line is: 13.9 Ohm/100 meter and the resistance of the shielding is: 0.88 Ohm/100 meter.
- The capacitance between the 2 signal lines is a very low: 59 pF/meter. This low value warrants that in high impedance working conditions (f.i. with anode output valve pre-amplifiers) the loss of bandwidth is very limited.
- The internal conductor insulation is made of cell-PE, respectively coloured yellow and white.
Also in unbalanced situations this cable is superior: the combined white and yellow line form the signal line and the combined shields function as the signal return.
The dielectric losses are very low because specially treated artificial fibres are used as a filler. These fibres are a perfect protection against losses caused by enlarged internal humidity. Especially in tropical conditions this is a very important factor.
The triple shielding consists of 2 helical layers with a total of 194 dense and very pure silver coated strands made of a very high grade of Matched Crystal (MC) OFC with an extra layer of LSC saturated tape in between.
The gold coloured outer jacket is made of HULLIFLEX ® which gives the cable a superb mechanical protection and exhibits a very high chemical stability.
- The “ MC - GOLD HYBRID ” printing is made every 25 cm. (10"). This makes cutting of specific lengths very easy.
- The diameter of the MC - GOLD HYBRID is 7.2 mm., perfectly matching our C - 7.3 high quality RCA type connectors.
- The sound quality is of the highest audio-standard.
- The MC - GOLD HYBRID is regularly used as a microphone cable in very critical recording situations.
- On 100 meter reels weighing 6.78 kg.
- Packed in a 275 x 275 x 220 mm. box the total shipping weight is 7.17 kg.
- At delivery on reels, the 2 ends of the cable are closed with caps to prevent any entrance of humid and/or polluted air.
- Stereo pair box packed with RCA (unbalanced) or XLR (balanced) connectors in 0.8, 1.0, 1.2 and 1.5 m. lengths.
- Specified lengths with our high quality RCA connectors type C - 7.3 or high quality Neutrik XLR connectors.
With the MC - GOLD HYBRID, a very superior balanced interconnect is presented to the market with many features other brands do not have available.
The MC - GOLD HYBRID (Halogen Free)
|product category||interconnect - Balanced, Unbalanced, Analogue, High-end|
|cable type||Screened twin core (Balanced)|
|conductor material||HYBRID: 24 carat Gold coating over high purity dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer(s)|
|design purpose||Highest quality line level interconnect and microphone cable|
|eff conductor||Cores: 0.124 mm˛ / Cores: ~AWG 26 / Cores: 7; Screen: 194|
|external diameter||7.2 mm|
|jacket colors||Gold tone|
|resistance||Cores: 13.9 Ohm/100 m.; Screen: 0.88 Ohm/100 m.|
|capacitance||Core-core: 59 pF/m.|
Cores: cell-PE; Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® / 300 Vrms min.
Neutrik XLR; Neutrik 1/4" (6.3 mm.) Jack/Phone plug; Our RCA type C - 7.3; Custom mountable on any ordered length.
|standard sales units||
100 m. reels; Stereo pair packed with RCA (unbalanced) or XLR (balanced) connectors in 0.8, 1.0, 1.2 and 1.5 m. lengths; Other lengths: please consult your van den Hul dealer or the van den Hul distributor in your country.
RCA connector terminated units are equipped with a ground-end marking sticker.