D - 501 HYBRID (Halogen Free)
To support the tone-arm and mixing console industry, this mat black HULLIFLEX ® jacketed balanced cable was designed: very flexible and with extremely good electrical qualities.
The D - 501 HYBRID is a cable with a very high shielding factor. Sonically this is one of the best cables in our program. Not really expensive and with a very high performance quality.
The D - 501 HYBRID is regularly used as a microphone cable in critical professional recordings and as a standard product for e.g. SME in England together with the prestigious Type V tonearm. This already since 1987.
The 2 signal lines are made each of 19 x 0.1 mm. very high grade OFC wires with the highest density of very pure silver coating.
- As an extra layer around the metal group, we use a Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated coating.
- The signal line insulation with the colours white and yellow is made of cell-PE, so the stripping can even be done with your fingernails to prevent wire damage on the silver coated copper strands commonly caused by mechanical stripping.
- The resistance per signal lead is: 11.3 Ohm/100 meter.
- The capacitance between the 2 signal leads is: 75 pF/meter.
- Very flexible specially treated artificial fibres are used as a filler to prevent any harm caused by external humidity or chemicals.
- The shielding consists of 96 x 0.10 mm. wires of a high grade Matched Crystal (MC) OFC with a dense and very pure silver coating and a LSC saturated helical tape.
- The resistance of the shielding is: 2.3 Ohm/100 meter.
- The very flexible black outer jacket is made of migration-free HULLIFLEX ® to prevent any chemical deterioration over a long period.
- The type printing repeats every 25 cm. (10") to make cutting of specified lengths easy.
- The external cable diameter is: 4.5 mm.
Packing: 1 x 100 meter reel in a box with external dimensions in mm.: 275 x 275 x 220.
Total shipping weight of 1 reel with 100 meter D - 501 HYBRID inclusive packing is: 3.4 kg. At delivery both cable ends are closed with caps to prevent any entrance of humid and/or chemically polluted air.
We have our high quality RCA connectors, type C - 5.5, available for this typical cable diameter.
D - 501 HYBRID (Halogen Free)
|product category||interconnect - Balanced, Analogue, Mid-range|
|product category||turntable cable|
|cable type||Screened twin core (Balanced)|
|conductor material||HYBRID: High purity dense Silver coated high purity OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer(s)|
|design purpose||Tonearm and mixing console / tonearm to preamp, microphone and interlink cable|
|eff conductor||Cores: 0.15 mm˛ / Cores: AWG 25.4 / Cores: 19; Screen: 96|
|external diameter||4.5 mm.|
|resistance||Cores: 11.3 Ohm/100 m.; Screen: 2.3 Ohm/100 m|
|capacitance||Core-core: 75 pF/m.|
Cores: Cell PE; Jacket: HULLIFLEX ® / 300 Vrms min.
Our RCA type C - 5.5; Our tonearm connector; Neutrik XLR; Neutrik 1/4" (6.3 mm.) Jack/Phone plug; Custom mountable on ordered lengths.
|standard sales units||
100 m. reels; Other lengths: please consult your van den Hul dealer or the van den Hul distributor in your country.
Our D - 501 SILVER HYBRID is a silver core version of this cable.