The HDMI Repeater
Plugged in between your HDMI cabling, the HDMI Repeater bridges larger distances whilst maintaining a trouble-free and clean HDMI signal.
- Repeaters are originally found in professional broadband data networks. Placed at regular intervals, they recondition the signal and serve to maintain proper signal level, quality and integrity.
- HDMI cabling needs to handle High Speed data rates up to 10,2 (and more) GigaBits per second. At such rates signal losses will occur. Depending on the length and quality of the cabling, this may reduce picture quality (pixelization) or even a complete loss of picture.
- Serves all video resolutions and audio formats. Fully compliant with the HDMI™ 1.3 Standard.
- Extends up to a total of 35 meters of HDMI cable from the signal source.
- Can receive power through the HDMI cable directly from the HDMI signal source. An external AC adapter is supplied (and indeed recommended), especially for long cable applications.
- Its included AC adapter is available in European, U.S.A. and UK versions.
The repeater's recommended place of insertion is near the end of the HDMI cable link: Source -> Longest cable -> HDMI Repeater -> Shortest cable -> Receiver.