3T: True Transmission Technology
3T is a cable technology designed and developed to emulate the sonic experience listeners have while attending a live music performance or working on a recording studio. It means a quantum leap in (sound reproducing improvement at a whole new level)…
Over 25 years (worth) of experience in careful manufacturing and intensive (and) analytical listening led to a new path: the search for the True Transmission Technology.
This project is a success story but when it all started, back in 2009, the (long) list of desired properties for the new conductor seemed almost impossible to fulfill. After a great deal of thinking and evaluating the what and the how to do became clear): a multi-metal combination developed alongside a unique manufacturing technology. Much to our surprise the very first production, in June 2010, matched completely all the 20 different and, sometimes, even conflicting properties. (See 3T Goals below).
The official introduction of the new conductor, in the form of (several) handmade prototypes, took place at the Hong Kong AV show (August 2010), more specifically in the big demo room of our local representative: Jadis Electronics. Since it immediately prompted a wide array of positive comments… we then knew we’d done it right!
However, between this presentation and the commercial debut later that year, a minor issue had yet to be solved and that was how to name this new great achievement? 3T came to mind. It stands for True Transmission Technology, exactly what was sought after right from the outset of the project!
In December 2010 we‘ve officially presented the first 3T products and happily witnessed a strong commitment to this new technology by the first listeners. Furthermore, that enthusiasm translated in the sudden huge sales of those initial five (balanced) conductors: The VALLEY, The ROCK Hybrid, The HILL Hybrid, The CLIFF Hybrid and The MOUNTAIN Hybrid, all terminated with Rhodium plated RCA or Neutrik silver plated pin XLR connectors.
From then on several applications were developed, not only closing the bridge between consumer and professional, but also setting new standards. Besides the audiophile equipment (balanced and unbalanced connections), electronics connections, we have also supplied the (complete) rewiring of two recording studios, got full support of the distinguished members of two Viennese orchestras, namely the Wiener Philharmoniker and the Wiener Symphoniker. Also the CD of the year!
Internal wiring for industrial use (speakers and electronics). A well known tone-arm manufacturer is actually evaluating the use of 100 micron 3T as connecting cable…
Following this initial success it was then time to make the 3T more attractive price wise. That’s why we’ve introduced three interconnects that ensure the entry level market of the Hi Fi world: The RIVER Hybrid and The SEA Hybrid (both coaxial) and we’ve also applied some 3T strands on our improved D-102 III Hybrid.
Last, but certainly not least, we’ve added the loudspeaker cables range. After solving the relatively high impedance issues of the conductor, we’ve presented our models of four lead cables suitable for bi-wiring and/or bi-amping: The AIR (round and extremely flexible), The CLOUD Hybrid (twice as thick) and, finally, the icing on the cake with The CUMULUS Hybrid (thick as the CLOUD Hybrid) carrying musical properties we could only dream of before its introduction in February 2012.
Yes, a dream has indeed come true. We are more than happy with the sonic results but also with the immediate positive response of the market. And this still goes on after the presentation in December 2010. It proves the high quality of 3T and its recognition as something very special in spite of differences in equipment, listening and musical styles.
We wish you many happy listening years to come relaxing and enjoying with our 3T products, probably the best (audio) conductor available today!
1. No application of Platinum, Gold, Silver or Copper in any percentage. This avoids product price changes due to wild market speculation.
2. No material fatigue, ensuring no dramatic sound quality reduction
3. High tensile strength to be supportive in case of accidents
4. No surface or internal oxidation in order to prevent sound harshness
5. Difficult to copy manufacturing technology
6. Ability to create multiple strand configurations, helping the design of different concepts
7. Very stable amorphous structure, essential for high quality live sound
8. Ability to handle high temperatures so that the environment effects (like car Hi Fi)…
9. No electroplating, keeping the full integrity of the conductor in any condition
10. (High flexibility fibre9, producing no mechanical stress in the conductors
11. No chemical ageing allowed, keeping sound quality from rapid declining
12. No mechanical ageing, avoiding deterioration of the transmission quality
13. Very low number of internal boundaries thus preventing Structure Cross Distortion
14. Natural dynamics without any compression: staying close to reality
15. Very high resolution even on very low signal levels. Providing awareness and the feel of the natural acoustics and size of the recording room or concert hall
16. Very short burn-in time and no subsequent changes in sound character
17. Very long period of reliable operation, no less than 25 years: “We last longer…”
18. No hazardous materials of any sort
19. Sound-signal transmission very close to live and natural sound quality
20. Very high sound quality regardless of the equipment used: Universal audible quality (all over the world)
Soundwise:Very clear vocals and instruments without any interference and/or intermodulation, these effects being very easy to hear on analogue signals. It also helps cleaning the somewhat scrambled nature of digital signals.Going back to formerly used cables it’s hardly possible. (Fundamentally the sound Mr Van den Hul regularly experiences in Vienna while attending performances at the “Musikverein” and “Wiener Staatsoper”).